Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Big Reveal...


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

Moving back in to the house and settling down took us from February 4th to almost the present. For those of you waiting for the final installment of the blog, I decided to go ahead with what we have now and I will update the kitchen photos later when the Range hood and tile are in.

Any house show worth it's salt keeps it's viewers through to the end by promising a big "reveal" at the end where they show how amazing it all looks (and throw in a few nasty old before pictures to make it look all that much better. I wish now I'd taken all my "before" photos from additional angles so that they would match up cleanly to the "after" photos, but it turned out good enough. The house has you can see turned out much better than good enough. Even sorting through this slide show I'm still amazed at the transformation. After all the grind of the two moves, expensive surprises, and delays, I am cured of the need to renovate. I am also delighted and content to stay here as long as I can. All in all, a great success.

Anyway, thank you for your kind patience while we slowly got our act together to finish this off. Not every home show episode lives up to the hype of the beginning. I hope ours worked for you.

2 comments:

  1. That was great - thanks so much for posting! We can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the beautiful and interesting article. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete